Craig
April 21, 2006 at 05:58:01:

In Reply to
Re: A message
posted by
Tsukasa Sakai
April 21, 2006 at 05:49:55:

Hello Tsukasa,

Yes, I agree that it is important to release any hold on physical reality, which includes words, conceptions of me and mine, expectations, and desires. What will emerge is what the Universe has in store for us.

Here's the difference. We can release all of the physical realm, but if we hold onto the belief that releasing all of the physical realm is desirable, then we still have one desire left. We can never release all of our desires because there is always one desire left, and that is to have whatever we believe is desirable.

Then whatever is desirable must be part of nonduality, but as you say, it isn't a truth everyone shares. Instead, that one desire is the base of our life's focus, and that base differs among people, primarily because of the traditions in which they've been reared.

It's also based on our view of the Universe. My view is that the Universe is personal, compassionate, and loving. The Higher Power intervenes in people's lives. Now that isn't Truth for everyone. It's my Truth. And so my one desire that is left if I release hold on all other desires is for a compassionate, loving Jewel Community where everyone lives in bliss without attachment to the physical realm. I view the Higher Power as personal and active, and so I live in a Universe with a personal, active Higher Power. If I didn't believe in that Universe, I might believe in a Universal Soul from which we emerge to individuality to which we return like drops of water back into the ocean. Then that would be my Universe and I wouldn't see any personal activity from a loving Higher Power. The way I view the Universe is what the Universe will be.

That is the difference in the acknowledgement of the Greater Reality. By not looking for the Higher Power, someone doesn't see it. They believe it isn't there as a result. But in looking for the Higher Power, I see it. We can never release everything because we will always have one desire; and we will always find whatever it is that we're looking for.

Craig

Messages written in reply to Re: A message:

Your Reply

Write your message below in reply to Re: A message:

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

Subject of your message:

Comments:

Optional link to a Web URL:

Title of the above link to a Web URL:

Internet URL for an optional image: