Craig
April 29, 2006 at 23:48:36:

In Reply to
Greater than what?
posted by
Andre Gide
April 29, 2006 at 23:09:51:

Hello Andre,

The term "Greater Reality" really isn't accurate, but it's a commonly used term. It's greater because the physical realm is a subset of it. The physical realm is rather like the projection on the wall of a movie theater while the projector, the theater, the creativity of the directors and actors, and all the other precursors to the image on the wall are the greater reality. Plato described the realm of forms as reality and what we perceive in the physical realm as like shadows on the wall from these forms.

Interestingly, now Hooft and Susskind, the originators of string theory, have suggested that space-time is not fundamental. In other words, it is what we experience that comes from some fundamental realm. They have suggested the possibility of a holographic universe where the greater reality is on a two-dimensional plane that is the boundary condition. David Bohm suggested that decades ago as "holomovement"in an implicate order.

All that just means that the physical realm is not fundamental.

Let me describe it like this. Suppose we have a sheet of ordinary typing paper with a dot close to the left edge and a dot close to the right edge. Imagine the paper is transparent and you see just the dots. The dots represent things we perceive, such as my home in Illinois and your home in wherever.

How far apart are the dots? On the sheet of paper they're something like 7 or 8 inches apart. In the physical realm, they're hundreds or thousands of miles apart.

But if I bend the sheet of paper over so the dots touch each other, they they're 0 inches or 0 miles apart. In this analogy, the dots aren't even separate--when they touch, they become one. I haven't changed the rules. I'm still answering the question, "How far apart are the dots?" but I'm just looking at the same dots on the same sheet of paper, but in another reality.

Now I have a folded over sheet of paper, with the dots together on the left side, but I notice another dot on the right side--that's the Washington Monument. It's separated from you and me both by hundreds or thousands of miles. Well, I just fold that over so the Washington Monument is one with our two dots and now the separation is 0 among all three. Space-time doesn't exist for those dots when they're folded together.

I can keep doing that for the billions of things we experience in the physical realm. They look like they're inches or hundreds/thousands of miles apart when our consciousness looks at them, but if we just fold reality, the sheet of paper, they instantly come to 0 inches or miles apart.

That's what reality is like. When we look at the paper or across the continent, we see things widely separated. But if we close our eyes and relax, they come together so everything in the universe is in that small dot, with no dimensions in space or time. And I can use remote viewing to look at anything in that dot. Others can use precognition or clairvoyance. Yes, they're not very useful, but they help us realize that this physical reality isn't fundamental. It's a projection from the greater reality. That's important.

When I open my eyes, the entire universe unfolds again into space-time. Now that's true of everything: smells, tastes, touches, sights, sounds, emotions, personalities, and consciousness. Through our conscious will, we can fold it all into a point with no dimensions that any of us can access. Through our will, we can unfold it as well.

If you know the term "collapse of the wave function," you'll see that I'm describing what happens in the opposite way. The "collapse of the wave function" is something different.

Does that mean I have the universe and you can't have it when I'm enfolding it into my consciousness? No. You and I are one. Whether you're relaxing into having the universe in a point in your consciousness or not, you and I are both in that single point and we're both experiencing it.

That point is the greater reality. Out of it unfolds the physical realm, the apparent or sensory reality.

Craig

Messages written in reply to Re: Greater than what?:

Your Reply

Write your message below in reply to Re: Greater than what?:

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

Subject of your message:

Comments:

Optional link to a Web URL:

Title of the above link to a Web URL:

Internet URL for an optional image: