February 05, 2007 at 18:25:10:

In Reply to
Re: Progress
posted by
Peace
February 04, 2007 at 03:45:55:

Hi Peace,

You asked this:
you wrote that we will grow centuries until we arrive at first horizon. So how long lasts progress in one sphere? Can it last for example quadrillion years in earthly time?

When we talk about time we're talking about what we've experienced. Those things I have experienced are in my memory, and I say those are in the past. What I am experiencing now, I say is in the present. What I have not experienced yet, but will experience, I call future. However, if I had no memory, past, present, and future wouldn't exist for me. I would just be.

We are quite egocentric and feel that the universe is who we are. In other words, what we've experienced is the universe. However, that isn’t necessarily so. The entire universe, all possible events, may exist and we’re just experiencing them one at a time. Einstein said that past, present, and future are just persistent illusions. Others have said the same thing, and that there is no reason to expect that the “arrow of time” must go from past to present to future.

Imagine it more like this. We travel through life as though we were traveling through a dense jungle. At each step, we experience a different part of the jungle. But the jungle exists already, all around us. It just comes into existence for us when we experience it. After we’ve experienced that part of the jungle, it’s in our memory, but our memory isn’t the jungle and the jungle isn’t our memory. The jungle itself that we experienced is behind us, just as it was. Billions of people could be walking through the huge expanse of jungle, all experiencing different parts of the jungle, but the jungle remains the same.

That’s just to say that our sense of time is entirely bound up in our experience. It isn’t in the universe. Einstein showed that space-time is relative, meaning it isn’t the same for all observers.

Now, we on Earth experience time as sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset, and the seasons of the year as the Earth wobbles on its axis. In the next plane of life, there is no sun. They don’t sleep, although they do relax at times. There is no darkness. And they know there is an eternity with no beginnings or endings. No one grows old. Things don’t deteriorate and fall down. Plants don’t die; animals don’t die. In other words, their experience is quite different.

However, they do have a sort of time, and that’s how they describe it: “a time of sorts.” Those who cross into that plane of life as infants grow to be young adults. They experience things, learn, and grow mentally and spiritually. That means they’re changing in a sort of time. It’s just that our Earth experience of sunrise, sunset, seasons, and centuries really don’t mean the same thing for them.

When I referred to “centuries,” I was really using an Earth metaphor, but there are no centuries for them. And someone can stay on a plane for as long as he or she wishes. When you have an eternity to grow, time is meaningless. A thousand years is as an instant to them.

Love and peace, Craig

Messages written in reply to Re: Progress:

Your Reply

Write your message below in reply to Re: Progress:

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

Subject of your message:

Comments:

Optional link to a Web URL:

Title of the above link to a Web URL:

Internet URL for an optional image: