Craig
August 04, 2007 at 11:37:50:

In Reply to
Who are you?
posted by
Cynthia
August 04, 2007 at 09:57:47:

Hello Cynthia,

You asked who I am. In the physical realm, that means "What's your profession and affiliation?" It doesn't mean "What's your height, weight, and physical characteristics" and it doesn't mean "Where are you on your spiritual development?" But the question does lead to an understanding of who we really are.

The body, professions, degrees, family ties, are all part of the physical realm. They're all dust that will soon blow away and no trace will be left. But I'm an eternal being. So take away all the dust and what's left? How do we answer the question, "Who are you?", without referring to the dust that's temporary? The temporary activities I engage in aren't who I am, any more than my standing in line at the post office means I'm a post-office-line stander. When I get out of the line, I won't have an identity.

The answer to "Who am I?" is simply "I am." All the rest is temporary physical realm stuff that will be gone in another fifty years. If I say I'm one of those things, then when that thing goes away, I won't exist any more. But that's not what will happen.

I'm a spiritual being having a physical experience.

That having been said, here's the temporary physical realm stuff. During this physical life, I've been a professor at three universities, author of four books, trainer of writers, and owner of two writing companies and an online business writing training school. I have a 27-year-old son who's an airline pilot and a 25-year-old daughter who's going to school. I've tried marriage twice and didn't like either experience.

Love and peace, Craig

Messages written in reply to Re: Who are you?:

Your Reply

Write your message below in reply to Re: Who are you?:

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

Subject of your message:

Comments:

Optional link to a Web URL:

Title of the above link to a Web URL:

Internet URL for an optional image: