Message written by

Crys
September 22, 2007 at 20:20:14:

In Reply to
Re: I'm back (to square one)
posted by
Talyiesin
November 11, 2004 at 12:40:50:

>>Excuse my cynicism, but I feel like I'm being thrown a whole bunch of phrases like "discover who you are" and "God is love" and then being cast out on my own, with the expectation that some coherent self-affirming, comfortable belief system will spontaneously arise out of the dissonance. I find that that doesn't work.<<

Just my opinion, but this quoted section illustrates perfectly your problem. You're looking to something *external* to solve "all of your problems". But there really are no problems; it really is rather easy. All that you seek is only loading you down because you think something must be "found" outside of yourself. But nothing needs to be found, truly. It's been there all along.

We are spirit, connected to God. We are not separate. This idea of following bread crumbs in order to find the magical kingdom is an illusion. The kingdom truly is within.

You already *are* connected. You already *are* fulfilled. You already *are* happy; it's just that you don't know it. You're attached to fandangled ideas about "what should be" or how things OUGHT to be; to visions of what is "holy" and what is "spiritual". These ideas, these attachments, these notions of something so completely outside yourself simply keep you unaware of what already is.

Pare the expectations back, the seeking of signs and wonders as some sort of validation of your own spiritual connectedness. When you subtract, *not add*, you will experience what the truth of who you are, relative to God and the divine. Notice I didn't say "find", because it's not about searching for something that you don't already have. You do. You DO already have it.

It's about becoming AWARE.  

Messages written in reply to 2004 to 2007:

Your Reply

Write your message below in reply to 2004 to 2007:

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

Subject of your message:

Comments:

Optional link to a Web URL:

Title of the above link to a Web URL:

Internet URL for an optional image: