Message written by

A Propst
January 22, 2009 at 12:03:07:

In Reply to
Re: \Fear of God
posted by
Malcolm Greenhough
May 01, 2006 at 10:28:56:

Such ignorance. It is clear you do not read the bible, let alone know Christ. Otherwise you would not be making him equal to tribal gods and Buddist dieties. I suggest that you refrain from telling others they should not fear God.
Jesus said,
““I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that can do nothing more. But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!”
(Luke 12:4-5 NRSV)
Paul wrote,
“Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we try to persuade others; but we ourselves are well known to God, and I hope that we are also well known to your consciences.”
(2Corinthians 5:11 NRSV)
“Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.”
(2Corinthians 7:1 NASB)
“Be subject to one another out of reverence (fear) for Christ.”
(Ephesians 5:21 NRSV)
“Therefore, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed me, not only in my presence, but much more now in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, enabling you both to will and to work for his good pleasure.”
(Philippians 2:12-13 NRSV)
“Honor everyone. Love the family of believers. Fear God. Honor the emperor.”
(1Peter 2:17 NRSV)

Too many Christians are running around claiming that they are friends with God while they continue to live sinful, disobedient lifestyles. I guess they have never read...
“The friendship of the LORD is for those who fear him, and he makes his covenant known to them.”
(Psalms 25:14 NRSV)
or....
“Adulterers! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.”
(James 4:4 NRSV)  

Messages written in reply to Re: \Fear of God:

Your Reply

Write your message below in reply to Re: \Fear of God:

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

Subject of your message:

Comments:

Optional link to a Web URL:

Title of the above link to a Web URL:

Internet URL for an optional image: