Greater Reality Forum

Re: Visions of hell and other questions.

Message written by

Denise
April 18, 2009 at 14:55:01:

In Reply to
Re: Visions of hell and other questions.
posted by
Denise
April 18, 2009 at 14:15:29:

Hi again Craig!

I have to also say a special thank you in understanding this myth of hell. Especially being Catholic, I grew up believing every little thing I did that was not within the church's teachings, would make me go to hell. I felt sometimes, that skipping a certain prayer at night or missing mass put me in the same category as a serial killer.... evil.... therefore I would go to hell. Oh boy the things I was made to believe! I'm beginning to truly understand the control the church (of any religion) has over it's congregants, and the many things they do to keep that control.

I grew up Catholic, went to Catholic school from 1st thru 10th grade, did mass every Sunday, the whole bit, but never ONCE, did I truly get something out of it, unlike other family members. I struggled all my life with my beliefs and questions. Why then, do some people have this devout Catholic/Christian faith? Is it that they have succumbed to, or fallen into the church's trap? I hate to put it that way, but trap it is. OK... I'm starting to get lengthy here again... I better stop! LOL

Anyways... I'm waking up and understanding it all, and it feels like a ton has been lifted off my shoulders that I've been carrying a lifetime.

Thank you, and once again Many Blessings!

Denise  

Messages written in reply to Re: Visions of hell and other questions.:

Your Reply

Write your message below in reply to Re: Visions of hell and other questions.:

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

Subject of your message:

Comments:

Optional link to a Web URL:

Title of the above link to a Web URL:

Internet URL for an optional image: