Nurianna
October 13, 2009 at 17:34:20:

In Reply to
response to Craig
posted by
peace
October 13, 2009 at 11:22:10:

Dear Peace:

I have just discovered this web and I can relate to both your previous msg and to this second one.
After years of spending my own life searching for the ultimate teacher and teachings I finally gave up after realizing that no one could really give me what I already had. I once came across a brilliant little book that changed my perception of life. It had been written 10 years prior to my reading it. I looked up the author on the Internet and he had turned into one of those workshop gurus. I couldnīt recognize in this public figure the man who wrote the book that made him famous. My first reaction was to feel very disappointed and despise him for having turned into just another flaky self-help new age media clown...and also renegated of his first book which had impressed me so. But after giving it a second thought I decided not to throw the baby out with the bathwater and I kept with me (and always will) the truths I found in that book which still are real for me. As for the author? Well, thatīs up to him to follow his own advice. Some people just canīt handle success without losing themselves, I guess. Itīs not criticism. I havenīt walked in their shoes so I canīt say it wouldnīt happen to me!

What Iīm trying to say is that in my opinion some people can guide us to a certain point and from there we part and move one. Life is a journey and no one has ALL the answers. We can take what we like and leave the rest out of nearly anything and expand our collection to form our own truth and beliefs.

In your second msg you mention being born with a certain condition that you didnīt ask for. You have all my respect for whatever it is. I now have a condition I havenīt asked for. Wasnīt born with it but I have it now. The only thing I am in any control of is my reaction to it. There are three words I hate, and these are "fault", "blame" and "should". Thatīs why I am ultra wary of any positive thinking flakiness that pushes me into the belief that I am "responsible" of all the conditions that surround me in a way that others look down in me and if any misfortune dares to cross my well-being, treat me like if I was infectious. Those are not friends! Just fear freaks. There is a lot of misunderstanding in that, and also a lot of damage done, in my humble opinion. I know exactly what you mean.

I do not think this website is like that. Thatīs why I like what I have read so far. I donīt find it "flaky". I share many of its statements though I have come across them by other means and I think it's serious.

Hope to hear news from you

Best wishes, Nurianna  

Messages written in reply to Re: response to Craig:

Your Reply

Write your message below in reply to Re: response to Craig:

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

Subject of your message:

Comments:

Optional link to a Web URL:

Title of the above link to a Web URL:

Internet URL for an optional image: