Craig
February 18, 2010 at 11:24:25:

In Reply to
The higher planes
posted by
Marley Erueti
February 17, 2010 at 07:44:58:

Hi Marley,

That's a profound question. We can reach higher planes of spirituality during our Earth visit. To do so, we have to release our grasp on the physical realm and hold our hands open for whatever comes into them. That's difficult for us today. We want to know where we should be grasping to grow spiritually. We want to know the right things to wrap our fingers around and hold onto tightly.

But that just results in holding onto something else in the physical realm. Nothing in the physical realm is spiritual: not priests, gurus, man-gods, rituals, cathedrals, or anything else that people regard as spiritual. Spirituality is who we are, not what we do.

And so, to reach higher planes of spirituality, we have to be open to becoming. But we can't set as a goal what we want to become. We couldn't say as a 5 year old, "I want to know how to be a 10 year old so I can make myself a 10 year old." And we couldn't say as a 10 year old, "I want to know how to become a 30 year old so I can be a 30 year old." We just become, imperceptibly, patiently, over time.

Pascal said that if we seek God, we have already found God. The openness to seeking means we have already arrived at the path. To grow spiritually, you simply have to be open to the Higher Power, the counsel of those on the next plane of life who are continually working to help us, and the inspiration that helps us know what in the physical realm is helpful. At the same time, we have to relinquish our need to control, to drive at the goal, to acquire and own, and to believe the answers are somewhere outside of us.

Remarkably, people who claim to have spiritual wisdom from a religion, a teacher, or a book are actually closing their mind to the Holy Spirit, meaning the Higher Power and those on the next planes of life who are our helpers and guides. They put God and spirituality into physical realm vessals and cork them so nothing can enter to change them. Then they base their beliefs and lives on the statements from these thoroughly physical sources. By closing themselves to the truth that is within, they shut out the Higher Power or Holy Spiri. In the end, they are agnostics and atheists because they don't believe God is interested enough or powerful enough to speak to them directly.

Then spiritual growth occurs naturally, just as an acorn grows into an oak tree, not by effort, but by allowing the natural processes to unfold.

Just keep knocking, and the door will open for you. Surround yourself with people who are also knocking and avoid relying on something in the physical realm for answers.

Love and peace, Craig

Messages written in reply to Re: The higher planes:

Your Reply

Write your message below in reply to Re: The higher planes:

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

Subject of your message:

Comments:

Optional link to a Web URL:

Title of the above link to a Web URL:

Internet URL for an optional image: