Craig
March 07, 2010 at 13:00:05:

In Reply to
peace
posted by
kim marine
March 05, 2010 at 10:38:24:

Hi Kim,

You asked, "Is it more important to have love and peace within us than to understand all of God's mystery? . . . I feel that I am meant to be love for others to see."

We in the West, especially, place great value on words. We believe that if someone has all the words correct, then that person is OK or right. Our schools are dominated by learning words; we spend the whole church service saying and listening to words; we worship science because it can say the words that everyone regards as correct.

When we refer to "understanding" God, we mean, putting God into words. What book describes God accurately? In other words, which set of 100,000 words is the correct set to define and confine God?

However, as soon as we put something into Words, we've encased it in physical realm concepts and confined it to the physical realm. Anything that isn't physical, such as our eternal selves or God, have to be reduced to a few words, and as a result, we lose virtually all of what God or our eternal selves are. We focus on that part that we can put into words, and thus lose all the rest, that is the greatest part.

Instead, we should experience God and our eternal selves as feelings and qualities. As you wrote, "I feel that I am meant to be love for others to see." Yes. If you are love, then you are knowing God. We experience God by opening ourselves. The experience comes just as sleep comes when we relax. We experience God when we feel compassion. When we feel someone else feels love and compassion for us, we are experiencing God.

What we know and what we do are not important. Who we are is all that matters. We don't need to understand God, meaning put God into words, but we do need to experience God, meaning opening our inner selves to the touch of the Divine, and being love, which is the eternal part of our selves and is the essence of the source, the Higher Power, that we call God.

Love and peace, Craig

Messages written in reply to Re: peace:

Your Reply

Write your message below in reply to Re: peace:

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

Subject of your message:

Comments:

Optional link to a Web URL:

Title of the above link to a Web URL:

Internet URL for an optional image: