Craig
March 21, 2010 at 12:25:05:

In Reply to
growing too dependent on you
posted by
kim marine
March 18, 2010 at 10:57:52:

Hi Kim,

There's a difference between having a dialogue and becoming dependent. If you have a loved one you wake up with in the morning, speak with during the day, have dinner with in the evening, and say "Good night" to every evening, you continually speak with them. As they speak, in love and compassion for you, you understand what they say and weigh it. You decide how what they say fits with who you are. If it fits, you take it on as part of you. If it doesn't fit, you leave it as another perspective.

That's true of anything in the physical realm you learn from. Even if you have dialogue all day long, you should take what you're hearing and let the Higher Power and those on the next plane of life speak through it to you. If it seems to fit with who you're becoming, then you'll make your own wisdom from it. You make your own discovery based on what you hear, and when you feel that discovery, then you have created a new wisdom that's entirely yours.

If, on the other hand, someone belongs to a group or has a person whom they dialogue with and they say, "I am a Christian," or "I am a Wiccan," or "I am a follower of that person," then the person has ceased to allow their own wisdom to grow. They no longer weigh what they're hearing and allow it to help them make their own discoveries. They now are prisoners of the belief system and reliance on the group or person. They don't weigh what they hear and they don't allow the Higher Power and those on the other planes of life to help them evaluate and adopt or reject ideas. Instead, they slavishly accept the group's or teacher's beliefs. So they aren't their own. And they have effectively shut off their own spiritual growth.

Dogma, revering a person or a person's teaching, and any other acceptance of anything in the physical realm over their own discoveries and their own wisdom result in shutting down the voice of God that freely gives guidance and allows it to be freely assessed and freely accepted if it fits with an individual's own evaluation of whether it is the individual's own wisdom. We grow spiritually by being open. "Suffer the little children to come unto me, for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven." To enter Heaven, meaning to grow spiritually, we must be like little children, open to everything, not filled with dogma and beliefs from the physical realm.

So you don't become reliant on someone's words by listening to them and weighing them to make your own discoveries. You are only reliant on them when you start accepting them as the right words, without weighing them and deciding whether you have discovered that they fit with who you are.

Love and peace, Craig

Messages written in reply to Re: growing too dependent on you:

Your Reply

Write your message below in reply to Re: growing too dependent on you:

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

Subject of your message:

Comments:

Optional link to a Web URL:

Title of the above link to a Web URL:

Internet URL for an optional image: