In Reply to
how far do i go?
posted by
kim marine
April 13, 2010 at 11:18:49:

Hi Kim,

You have quite a list of questions.

You wrote, "When I speak of my faith in God people get offended."

Yes, I'm sorry to say that the church has done a masterful job of creating a God that is repulsive in many ways. People are put off by talk about God because of it. Refer to the Higher Power or Source rather than the Anglo-Saxon name "God." The term "God" has so many negative connotations and associations with a male white man living in the sky that it really has become a distorted view of the Source of all creation.

You wrote, "I realize it is because of their ignorance, but how far should I be in proclaiming the truth?"

You don't have to proclaim the truth, but be true to your beliefs. If the subject comes up, explain what you know to be true. When they're ready, they'll hear you. If they're not ready, they won't. But it's not your job to convince them. Live your belief and let it speak for itself.

You wrote, "Did Yeshua say things to maintain solace among people during His ministry?"

Oh, no. He was an apocalyptic preacher. He was telling the Jews that the Son of Man was coming to judge who would live in the Jewish Kingdom of God and who would be excluded. It wasn't a message about the hell thing the church made up later. It was just for the Jews, telling them to experience a metanoia, a change of attitude, because their place in the Kingdom of God for Jews was going to be assured by being unconditionally loving and servants to one another. He had no patience with the priests or the Temple.

And so, he didn't try to make peace. He is reported to have said that what he was proclaiming would bring conflict. And he was right.

But he was also saying that if the Jews would live in peace and harmony with one another, they would enter the Kingdom of God within, and the Kingdom of God that would be coming soon to the Earth.

Today that's still true. What we say about spirituality is not accepted well by either materialists or fundamentalists. They have set beliefs that don't allow for the voice of Spirit that speaks to them and to us. When you talk to them about the afterlife and spirituality, they may become offended. Don't let that put you off. Yeshua faced the same rejection.

You wrote, "I realize that Spirit is having experiences through "kim", but is "kim" like a little child who feels emotions?"

Yes, in a way. The ego, the part of us that grows in the physical realm until the spiritual self can take a part in growing beyond the physical realm, is like a child. The ego looks at the physical realm and believes it's the reality, when it's not; it's just the scenery. Our spiritual selves can see beyond the physical realm, but to do so, we have to lift ourselves above the physical realm and deny it. We can only do that as little children, open and naive, accepting what comes to us without fully knowing what it will be. Only then can the Higher Power, our Higher Selves, and those on the other side of the veil help us as we walk through life and learn lessons.

Love and peace, Craig

Messages written in reply to Re: how far do i go?:

Your Reply

Write your message below in reply to Re: how far do i go?:

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

Subject of your message:

Comments:

Optional link to a Web URL:

Title of the above link to a Web URL:

Internet URL for an optional image: