Greater Reality Forum

Re: what part does the physical have in our life?

Message written by

Craig
May 08, 2010 at 12:25:11:

In Reply to
what part does the physical have in our life?
posted by
kim marine
May 08, 2010 at 10:09:10:

Hi Kim,

It will help you to think differently about who you are and what spirit, soul, or mind is.

When I met my two primary guides, it was in a dream. I suddenly found myself in a compound or bounded area, and I was walking around in a circle with a female. I could see her clearly. She was in her 30’s, short brunette hair that flipped under toward her round face, perhaps a little plump. I knew we were talking about my life as we walked the circle around the compound. I recall the ground and a ladder I had to climb to get into the compound. They were all real. After a while, we stopped and I put my head on her shoulder, caressing her knowing she was caring for me. When I awoke, I realized that I had met my nurturer, my guide who cares for me.

When the dream ended, that body that was me ceased to be, and yet I just awoke and went about my day, remembering that I had met my guide. In later dreams, I had other bodies and had other experiences, always awakening to leave the bodies and the world in the dream behind.

Now, at what point did my spirit or mind enter the me that was walking around with my guide? Which part of the me in that dream was spirit and which was a body that could feel her arms around me? Were the ground, her body, my body, and the ladder real, meaning substantial? My embrace with my guide is still real for me—it’s now in my memory and it’s part of what makes me who I am. But the body I was in and my guide’s body that was in the dream no longer exist. What I felt and learned live on, but the world in which I felt and learned is gone—I woke from it.

That’s what it is like as we live in the spiritual plane we refer to as the Earth plane. We, the eternal selves, are having the experience, but everything in the experience arises from our consciousness, that we share together, that is created and sustained by the Source of all Creation, the Mind of God. At what point did your spirit “enter” the body? Well, it never did enter it. The body, your mind, the world in which we are living, all arise out of the consciousness that is us together, and we together are one with the Source, the Mind of God. In other words, it isn’t appropriate to speak of the body and the spirit as separate, and yet the body and the spirit have different functions, and when we awaken, the body and the Earth plane are no longer necessary for our minds, so we leave them behind. But we, the eternal selves, go on, keeping the memories and learning we acquired while we were the mind and body that were in the dream that is the Earth plane.

So instead of speaking of the spirit and body as separate, think of the spirit and the body as different parts of the Earth plane experience that are not separate, but have different functions. But the real you and the real me are the dreamers who are creating all of it: the spirit or mind we have during the experiences, the bodies, the brains, the forests, the planets, and all the thoughts and feelings we have. And in a while, we’ll awaken and have wonderful conversations about the remarkable experiences we had together in the dream called life.

You asked, “Do you learn things from this forum?” Oh yes. I learn a great deal. And the questions help me form what I know to be true. I enjoy the dialogues very much.

Love and peace, Craig

Messages written in reply to Re: what part does the physical have in our life?:

Your Reply

Write your message below in reply to Re: what part does the physical have in our life?:

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

Subject of your message:

Comments:

Optional link to a Web URL:

Title of the above link to a Web URL:

Internet URL for an optional image: