Craig
April 16, 2012 at 19:13:27:

In Reply to
faults
posted by
Mike
April 15, 2012 at 11:42:40:

Hi Mike,

You asked, "if we take our personalities to the other side, does that include our frailties? Our bad habits and desires? How does that translate on the other side?"

We're no different. A large part of understanding that is to realize that the "afterlife" is really a misnomer. That implies this is life and what follows is after life. But it's all just life. We are now on a spiritual plane, the Earth school plane. We have our thoughts, prejudices, attitudes, desires, misconceptions, and all the other things that make a mind while on the Earth plane, but we'll have the same things when we're on any other plane. Who we are, our eternal selves, are all that's real, and that just continues and grows. It's much like knowing that when I'm in Illinois and move to England, I don't change personalities. I'll be exactly the same person, just in England. That's all the transition is from plane to plane. We are always whom we are.

You asked, "Second, a big one. If we continue to evolve spiritualy over the eons, what is the ultimate goal? Destination? Or is that too far forward to know?"

There is no ultimate goal. And we can't understand even the next levels to know what they're like. Let me give you an analogy. Imagine the levels of consciousness an earthworm would have to go through to be a quantum physicist. How many lives? How many eons of time? Now, imagine we have the consciousness that, to a celestial being, is like that of an earthworm to them. An earthworm can't "understand" quantum mechanics. We similarly can't understand the higher levels of consciousness. Try as we may to imagine them, it will be impossible.

Let me use another analogy that is a little easier to conceptualize. What is the difference in consciousness between a newborn infant and the quantum physicist? Both are human beings. Both have minds. And yet, the differences in perception and understanding are worlds apart. The baby couldn't understand the quantum physicist's world, but in the same way, the quantum physicist couldn't understand the infant's mind. We have to be on the same plane to understand each other's minds.

So we will evolve through eternity, but there is no end point that we know of.

Love and peace, Craig

Messages written in reply to Re: faults:

Your Reply

Write your message below in reply to Re: faults:

Your name:

Your e-mail address:

Subject of your message:

Comments:

Optional link to a Web URL:

Title of the above link to a Web URL:

Internet URL for an optional image: